With 2019 upon us, take a look at our top five fleet management tips and tools for the new year.
1. Look sharp – regular eye tests for drivers. There is currently only one mandatory vision test for drivers and that’s when you take your practical driving exam. With an average of 2,900 road casualties caused each year by poor eyesight, it’s time to make sure your drivers are all on the (eye) ball.
2. Switch off – distraction blocker app for phones. Mobile phones play a huge role in distracted driving incidents. Drive safe apps can help to minimise distractions by deactivating notifications and alerts. Some apps even activate automatically when the vehicle is moving.
3. No tricks – install dash cams to help combat fraud. With dash cams described as ‘independent witnesses’, the insurance industry is keen on them to help counter fraud. The irrefutable evidence a dash cam can supply means insurers are able to deal with claims far more rapidly, reducing administration time and ultimately cost.
4. Take a break – remotely download tacho data. Significantly reduce the risk of breaching the driver hours regulations through use of integrated tachograph solutions. This remote electronic measurement tool allows managers to accurately monitor drivers’ hours and ensure an adequate level of compliance.
5. Get in line – take our 5 minute compliance test. Find out if your fleet is on the right side of the law in under 5 minutes. Our quick and easy check list helps you conquer compliance.